This bibliography contains all works consulted in preparing the book. By no means all of them are actually cited in the text.
- Aalen, F. H. A. 1989: Lord Meath, City Improvement and Social Imperialism. Planning Perspectives, 4, 127–52.
- Aalen, F. H. A. 1992: English Origins. In: Ward, S. V. (ed.) The Garden City: Past, Present and Future, 28–51. London: Spon.
- Abercrombie, P. 1910a: Modern Town Planning in England: A Comparative Review of “Garden City” Schemes in England. Town Planning Review, 1, 18–38, 111–28.
- Abercrombie, P. 1910b: Some Notes on German Garden Villages. Town Planning Review, 1, 246–50.
- Abercrombie, P. 1911: Town Planning in Greater London: The Necessity for Cooperation. Town Planning Review, 2, 261–80.
- Abercrombie, P. 1914: Berlin: Its Growth and Present State. Town Planning Review, 4, 219–33, 302–11.
- Abercrombie, P. 1926: The Preservation of Rural England. Liverpool and London: University of Liverpool Press; Hodder and Stoughton.
- Abercrombie, P. 1933: Town and Country Planning. London: Thornton Butterworth.
- Abercrombie, P. 1945: Greater London Plan 1944. London: HMSO.
- Abercrombie, P. and Jackson, H. 1948: West Midlands Plan. Interim confidential edition. 5 vols. London: Ministry of Town and Country Planning.
- Abrams, C. 1939: Revolution in Land. New York and London: Harper and Brothers.
- Abrams, C. 1964: Man’s Struggle for Shelter in an Urbanizing World. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Abrams, C. 1965: The City Is the Frontier. New York: Harper and Row. ...