This chapter presents the following:
• Administrative, technical, and physical controls
• Facility location, construction, and management
• Physical security risks, threats, and countermeasures
• Electric power issues and countermeasures
• Fire prevention, detection, and suppression
• Intrusion detection systems
Security is very important to organizations and their infrastructures, and physical security is no exception. Hacking is not the only way information and their related systems can be compromised. Physical security encompasses a different set of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks than the other types of security we’ve addressed so far. Physical security mechanisms include site design and layout, ...