No credit card required
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• Transparent Bridging—This section explains the five main processes of transparent bridging. These include Forwarding, Flooding, Filtering, Learning and Aging.
• Switching Modes—Various switching modes such as store-and-forward, cut through and others are compared and contrasted.
• Token Ring Bridging—Different methods exist for bridging Token Ring. This section describes your options.
• Token Ring Switching—Token Ring switching provides many of the benefits found in Ethernet switching. This section discusses rules for Token Ring switching in a Catalyst environment
• Ethernet or Token Ring—Some users are installing new network systems and do not know which to use. ...