No credit card required
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• Why Segment LANs?—Discusses motivations for segmenting LANs and the disadvantages of not segmenting.
• Segmenting LANS with Repeaters—Discusses the purpose, benefits, and limitations of repeaters in LANs.
• Segmenting LANS with Bridges—Discusses how bridges create collision domains and extend networks. As the foundational technology for LAN switches, this section describes the benefits and limitations of bridges.
• Segmenting LANS with Routers—Discusses how routers create broadcast domains by limiting the distribution of broadcast frames.
• Segmenting LANS with Switches—Discusses the differences between bridges and switches, and how switches create broadcast domains ...