In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Set up a computer forensics lab
• Discuss the investigative services in computer forensics
• Define the basic hardware requirements in a forensics lab
• List and summarize various hardware forensics tools
• Discuss the basic software requirements in a forensics lab
• List and summarize various software forensics tools
In the previous chapter, we discussed a process to follow before being called out on an investigation, and we talked about the kind of equipment you needed to bring to the crime scene.
If you’re a digital forensics investigator (DFI), you will need a workspace to perform your data extraction, your analysis, ...