The needs of branch offices are changing. This is due to the adoption of unified networks that support voice, video, and data; the consolidation of IT resources; and the physical mobility of many users.
Some design considerations for branch offices include
• Connectivity technologies: What WAN options are available?
• Resiliency: How much downtime can the site tolerate? Are there alternate WAN paths available?
• Routing: Will the WAN support routing protocols?
• Services: Are services such as NAT, WAN optimization, and QoS needed at the branch?
• Security and compliance: What security is needed, where will it be placed, and how will that ...