Configure, Verify, and Troubleshoot Basic Router Operation and Routing on Cisco Devices
The Cisco CCNA exam objectives covered in this chapter include the following:
- Describe basic routing concepts (including packet forwarding and the router lookup process).
- Describe the operation of Cisco routers (including the router bootup process, POST, and router components).
- Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect routers to other network devices and hosts.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2.
- Access and utilize the router to set basic parameters (including CLI/SDM).
- Connect, configure, and verify the operational status of a device interface.
- Verify device configuration and network connectivity using ping, ...