Configure, Verify, and Troubleshoot a Switch with VLANs and Interswitch Communications
The Cisco CCNA exam objectives covered in this chapter include the following:
- Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect switches to other network devices and hosts.
- Explain the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks.
- Explain network segmentation and basic traffic management concepts.
- Explain basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Perform and verify initial switch configuration tasks, including remote access management.
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities (including ping, traceroute, Telnet, SSH, arp, and ipconfig) and SHOW and DEBUG commands. ...