DELIVER, AND ALWAYS GO THE EXTRA MILE
After you close the deal, you’d better be prepared to deliver and try to go the extra mile. Always go one step beyond the specifications: add the bells and whistles and tie a bow on it. Get it done early; and when payment time comes, discount the price. The best approach is to always under-promise and over-deliver.
Keep in mind these six simple rules of customer service:
1. Listen much more than you talk.
2. Never put your desires ahead of your customer’s needs.
3. Convey honesty and accuracy in everything you do, no matter how minuscule the work may seem.
4. Never say, “I can’t help you.”
5. Always be on time.
6. Always provide follow-up service. Ask your customer if he or she was ...