In this chapter you’ll learn:
• How Silverlight relates to WPF.
• To use Silverlight controls to create Rich Internet Applications.
• To create custom Silverlight controls.
• To use animation for enhanced GUIs.
• To display and manipulate images.
• To use Silverlight with Flickr’s web services to build an online photo-searching application.
• To create Silverlight deep zoom applications.
• To include audio and video in Silverlight applications.
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths, Enwrought with gold and silver light.
—William Butler Yeats
This world is but a canvas to our imaginations.
—Henry David Thoreau
Something deeply hidden had to be behind things.