In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Web application development using ASP.NET.
• To handle the events from a Web Form’s controls.
• To use validation controls to ensure that data is in the correct format before it’s sent from a client to the server.
• To maintain user-specific information.
• To create a data-driven web application using ASP.NET and LINQ to SQL.
... the challenges are for the designers of these applications: to forget what we think we know about the limitations of the Web, and begin to imagine a wider, richer range of possibilities. It’s going to be fun.
—Jesse James Garrett
If any man will draw up his case, and put his name at the foot of the first page, I will give him an immediate ...