In this chapter you’ll learn:
• The relational database model.
• To use LINQ to retrieve and manipulate data from a database.
• To add data sources to projects.
• To use the Object Relational Designer to create LINQ to SQL classes.
• To use the IDE’s drag-and-drop capabilities to display database tables in applications.
• To use data binding to move data seamlessly between GUI controls and databases.
• To create Master/Detail views that enable you to select a record and display its details.
Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
—Arthur Conan Doyle