In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Design principles of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
• How to create graphical user interfaces.
• How to process events in response to user interactions with GUI controls.
• The namespaces that contain the classes for GUI controls and event handling.
• How to create and manipulate various controls.
• How to add descriptive
ToolTips to GUI controls.
• How to process mouse and keyboard events.
... the wisest prophets make sure of the event first.
...The user should feel in control of the computer; not the other way around. This is achieved in applications that embody three qualities: responsiveness, permissiveness, and consistency. ...