“Effective communication is 20 per cent what you know and 80 per cent how you feel about what you know.”
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Prepare for employment by focusing on your core strengths, capabilities, and networking skills, and by building a strong résumé.
- Understand the nuances of designing recruitment-related correspondence: the cover letter, application, and resume.
- Learn ways to participate in group discussions, the first step in the employment process.
- Recognize the types of interviews and understand ways to excel in them.
- Learn to use technology that is not face-to-face to interview.
Whether one has newly entered the job market, has been ...