INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS WRITING
“Good writing consists of trying to use ordinary words to achieve extraordinary results”.
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the value of writing.
- Appreciate the difference between business and academic writing.
- Understand the essentials of business writing, particularly business grammar.
- Learn about lower order concerns and higher order concerns in business writing.
- Appreciate the rules of cultural diversity when writing documents.
- Follow ethical writing norms.
The value of the written word can never be discounted. We refer to the writings of Aristotle, Socrates, and the Indian scriptures often, and they continue to influence us in ...