—H. A. Shearing and B. C. Christian
Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand that a report and an essay are two distinct forms of written communication and be able to differentiate between their physical structures and the styles in which they are written.
- Know the various types of reports and their essential elements.
- Develop organizing and outlining skills.
- Learn how to write both long and short formal reports in a clear, objective style, using the appropriate layout.
- Know how to write abstracts and summaries, introductions, final recommendations, and conclusions.
- Understand the role and use of graphics in reports. ...