Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the increasing need for clear and cordial communication with people from different cultures.
- Understand how cultural context affects personal behaviour and business communication.
- Know the main characteristics of low-context and high-context cultures.
- Learn how to communicate across cultures with different concepts of formal and social behaviour, time, and space.
- Understand e-mail etiquette for intercultural business communication.
A group of French students, newly ...