Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Know the meaning and social purpose of conversation.
- Learn how to break the ice and start conversations.
- Comprehend conversation control and its applications.
- Identify and avoid parallel conversations, while developing sequential ones.
- Appreciate the role of Transactional Analysis (TA) in interpersonal communication and the resultant behaviour.
- Know how to control the direction of conversation in meetings, oral presentations, and negotiations, and how to influence or motivate the ...