Build a Website for Free
Build yourself a state-of-the-art website.It’s incredibly easy... and it won’t cost you a dime! You need a website. But you don’t need the hassles that usually go with building one, or the expense of hiring someone else to do it. Here’s your solution: Build a Website for Free! You’ll learn how you can use new Web 2.0 technologies to create a site that’s impressive and effective. And here’s the best part: You’ll do it all with software and tools that won’t cost you a dime!
• Plan, organize, and design a site that really works, using tools you can find for free
• Discover the simple secrets of writing pages people want to read
• Use video on your site—and get someone else to pay for hosting it
• Add an easy-to-update blog and start building your own web community
• Quickly and
easily handle “nuts and bolts” tasks, from getting your
site name to uploading your
• Get your site picked up by Google, Yahoo!, and other search engines
• Adapt your site for easy viewing on cell phones
Mark Bell is a Ph.D. student in the Indiana University Telecommunications department. He studies virtual worlds and mediated trust with the Synthetic Worlds Initiative and has spent 15 years in the computer industry. Mark created his first website in 1992, ran a web design company in the ‘90s, and consults on several academic web projects.