18 Managing Bluetooth Devices
The OSI divides management into five functional areas:
- Configuration and Name Management—Controls, identifies, collects data from, and provides data managed objects to assist in interconnection services.
- Performance Management—Evaluates the behaviour of managed objects, and the effectiveness of communication activities.
- Security Management—Provides security management to protect managed objects and services.
- Fault Management—Detects, isolates, and corrects abnormal operation of the OSI system.
- Accounting Management—Enables charging for use of managed objects.
The Bluetooth specification provides for fault management, with many layers of error recovery and recovery from lost links; however, it is silent on how ...