Character Design and Creation
• Designing in line with your theme and reality.
• Modeling based on storyboard requirements.
• Exploring mesh animation issues.
Coming into this chapter, you need the following:
• A story with a well-considered theme
• A strong idea about who your characters are
• An ability to use Blender’s mesh modeling tools
If you have already drawn your storyboards and assembled your story reel, then you have a number of sketches of your characters. If not, that is okay. The character design process can take place at the same time as storyboard creation. Depending on staffing (is it just you or a whole team?) and deadlines ...