Time for action – adding trees to the landscape
Like ANT Landscape, Sapling uses mathematical algorithms to create organic forms. This is called procedural modeling. You'll step through the menus to make a tree:
- Open the default Blender startup file.
- In the File menu in the upper-left corner of the Blender window, select User Preferences, as you did earlier in this chapter to use the ANT Landscape addon.
- The Blender User Preferences window will pop up.
- Select Addons from the Blender User Preferences menu. Select Add Curve from the left-hand menu. Put a checkmark in the box for Add Curve and select Sapling in the right-hand menu.
- Close the User Preferences Window.
- Delete the default cube.
- Press Shift + A, and select Curve and then Add Tree from the menus. ...