Time for action – using a NURBS surface to make the mainsail
You have used Subdivision Surfaces to model the sloop's hull and Bézier curves to make the rudder and keel. Now, you will use a NURBS (Non Uniform Rational B Spline) surface to make the mainsail:
- Press Ctrl + NumPad 3 to see the Left view. Zoom out so you can see the whole sloop.
- Press Shift + S and select Cursor to Center.
- Put the cursor between the boom and gaff in the middle of where the sail will be.
- Press Shift + A. Choose Add Surface and then NURBS Surface.
- In the Tool Shelf's Add Surface Patch subpanel, check the Align to View checkbox.
- Press the Tab key to get into Edit Mode.
- In the Properties window, select the Object Data button; it has two dots that hold up a surface at one end. ...