Time for action – making the spoke
There are two stages of making the spoke. In the first stage, you will make the outline of the shape of the spoke. In the second stage, you will turn the silhouette into a 3D object using the Spin tool. Check the following steps:
- Press Shift + A, and then make a Plane from the Mesh menu.
- Press the Tab key to get into Edit Mode.
- Press the A key to deselect all the vertices.
- Press the B key and use the marquee to choose the vertices on the left side.
- Press X and select Delete Vertices from the menu.
- In the Pivot Point menu, in the 3D View header, select 3D Cursor.
- Press A to select all the vertices.
- Press S, X, 0, and Enter to flatten the vertices along the X-axis.
- Press W to choose the Specials menu and select Subdivide ...