Time for action – coloring and texturing the sloop hull
The hull has two textures: a painted texture for the outer hull and the cockpit and a wooden texture for the deck. Execute the following steps to color and texture the sloop hull:
- Reopen the file you just made in the last Time for action section that has the cabin with holes for the door and portals applied.
- Press 3 on the NumPad to get the Right view. Make sure you can see the entire sloop.
- Select Layer 1. Select the hull with the RMB.
- Press the Tab key to go into Edit Mode.
- In the 3D View header, choose the Face Select mode.
- Make sure that the 3D View shading is set to Solid in the Viewport Shading menu on the header.
- Make sure that the Limit Selection to Visible button is dark gray and that you ...