Time for action – adding a template
Now, get started by putting up the templates so that they can be seen within 3D View, executing the following steps:
- Open a new file in Blender.
- Press 3 on the NumPad to get the Right view in 3D View and press the 5 on the NumPad for the Ortho view.
- Press N to display the Properties panel in 3D View.
- Scroll down to the Background Images subpanel of 3D View's Properties panel, as seen in the next screenshot.
- Click on the triangle that is to the left of the subpanel to open it.
- Check the checkbox by the text Background Images, so that the background image can be displayed.
- Click on the Add Image button.
- Click on the Open button and load the image
4909_07_01.png from this chapter's
Images directory in the download pack. ...