Time for action – discovering your tools
The 3D View has three major control panels: the Header, which we have examined; the Tool Shelf on the left side, which says Transform at the top and has some tabs on the left; and the Properties Panel, which is hidden by default:
- Close Blender and open it again.
- With your mouse over the 3D View, press the N key. The Properties Panel appears. It has controls to change the location, rotation, and scaling of objects.
- Press the N key again. The Properties Panel disappears.
- Press the T key. The Tool Shelf disappears.
- Press the T key again. The Tool Shelf reappears and contains many controls used when building objects.
- When you have closed the Tool Shelf or the Properties Panel, note the small gray tab on the side ...