By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List four ways to be assertive in negotiations.
• Explain the importance of demonstrating respect and preserving self-esteem during negotiations.
• Identify several practical approaches to handling difficult people.
• Describe how a weak party can deal with a stronger one.
• Explain the importance of continuous learning.
• Describe the role of attitude and personal preference in negotiations.
Assertiveness is the ability to communicate and stand up for one’s interests while respecting those of ...