When developing applications, you’ll often be required to create a database and add tables to it, rather than just using an existing database and table objects. This chapter is about creating a fresh database and then creating the tables that it contains.
In this chapter, I’ll cover the following:
- Launching SQL Server Management Studio
- Types of SQL Server databases
- The architecture of a SQL Server database
- Creating a database in a simple way
- Creating a database with your own settings
- Creating tables
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) has been the main development tool for SQL Server since 2005. You can use SSMS to implement, develop, and administer databases. ...