Join us and be a myth buster. A myth buster, that is, with regard to conventional management thinking that holds player-managers back. Consider this for a moment: How many times have people who have become managers heard some version of the following?
• Every time you do work you could have delegated, you’re nothing more than the highest paid member of your team.
• If you are not delegating, you are not managing.
• Don’t fall into the trap of continuing to do the particular things you really loved doing before you became a manager.
• If you can’t let go, you are being controlling and not developing your people.
• If you keep getting caught up in the details of doing work you could have delegated, ...