O'Reilly logo

AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2012 Essentials: Autodesk® Official Training Guide: Essential by Eric Chappell

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Editing Alignments

Of course, nobody gets it right the first time. In fact, as a general rule, you'll find yourself laying things out about 10 percent of the time and spending the remaining 90 percent making edits. That's totally OK, because that's really the way Civil 3D was designed to be used. In fact, it's highly recommended that you do a rough layout of the basic design elements at the beginning of a project and then spend the rest of the time adjusting, refining, and improving that initial layout until it's the way it needs to be. This is also a great approach because it matches with the general nature of land development designs, which typically change frequently throughout the life of the project.

Editing Alignments with Grips

As you ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required