By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Evaluate your listening skills.
• Identify the three levels of listening.
• Identify techniques that will help you explore the needs and interests of others.
• Identify multicultural barriers to disclosing needs, interests, and concerns.
• Identify and apply techniques that will help you respond to the needs, interests, and concerns of others.
In the previous chapters, you focused on the first part of the assertiveness equation: standing up for your rights, needs, and interests. This chapter moves on to the second part of the ...