Many solution components—whether services or entire solutions—are compositions of components, composites for short. This chapter examines a number of architectural choices that you will encounter when building composites. After reading this chapter you will be able to:
• Describe the concept of a composite and the difference between a composite service and a composite application.
• Identify and select appropriate composite implementation technologies.
• Identify and select appropriate composite service design pattern.
• Identify and select appropriate composition and management styles.
• Describe the process for architecting a composition.
A composite is an assembly of components that provides ...