• Understand the concepts of Software Update service (SUS)
• Configure the server to provide software updates
• Configure a client to use the Software Update service
• Configure which updates are provided to the clients
• Learn to troubleshoot Software Update service
Once you have deployed computers, the question of how to keep the software on them up to date will arise. Built into OS X Server is the ability to mirror the Apple software updates that exist on the Apple Software Update servers onto your local server.
With OS X Server, you have the option of mirroring the Apple Software Update servers on your local server. This has two distinct advantages. ...