The Apple Pay payment workflow
If you develop an app that is capable of interacting with a payment gateway to process payment cards, you or your company is a merchant, and the app is a merchant app.
This is an overview of the payment workflow:
- Present the Apple Pay button: Present this button only if the user can make Apple Pay payments.
- Create the payment request: This request contains essential payment information and details about the order.
- Present the payment sheet: This sheet presents order information that the user can modify, such as shipping information.
- Respond to changes by the user: As the user makes changes, update items such as shipping costs and discounts.
- Submit payment information to payment gateway: When the user authorizes the payment ...