Time for action – creating a basic native activity
First, let's create
- In Eclipse, create a new project Android project with the following settings:
- Enter Eclipse project name:
- Set Build target to Android 2.3.3.
- Enter Application name:
- Enter Package name:
- Uncheck Create Activity.
- Set Min SDK Version to
- Once the project is created, go to the
res/layout directory and remove
main.xml. This UI description file is not needed in our native application. You can also remove
src directory as
DroidBlaster will not contain even a piece of Java code.
- The application is compilable and deployable, but not runnable simply because we have not created an activity yet. Let's declare