In this chapter you’ll:
• Test an app that uses GPS location data in the Android Emulator and use the Eclipse DDMS perspective to send sample GPS data to the emulator.
• Use the external Maps API framework and the
MapView classes to display Google Maps™ generated by Google web services.
• Get a Google Maps™ API key unique to your development computer.
• Use location services and the
LocationManager class to receive information on the device’s position and bearing (direction).
• Display the user’s route using an
Overlay on a
MapView and GPS location data received in the form of
• Orient a map to the user’s current bearing.
• Use the
PowerManager to keep the device awake.