In this chapter you’ll:
• Create a simple game app that’s easy to code and fun to play.
• Create a custom
SurfaceView subclass and use it to display the game’s graphics from a separate thread of execution.
• Draw graphics using
Paints and a
• Play sounds in respone to various game events.
• Manually perform frame-by-frame animations using a game loop that accounts for varying frame rates across devices.
onTouchEvent to process touch events when the user touches the screen or drags a finger on the screen.
• Use a
GestureDetector to recognize more sophisticated user touch motions, such as double taps.
• Perform simple collision detection.
• Add sound to your app using a
SoundPool and the ...