In this appendix you’ll:
• Learn how inheritance promotes software resuse.
• Understand the relationships between superclasses and subclasses.
• Use keyword
extends to effect inheritance.
protected to give subclass methods access to superclass members.
• Reference superclass members with
• Learn the methods of class
• Learn the concept of polymorphism.
• Use overridden methods to effect polymorphism.
• Distinguish between abstract and concrete classes.
• Declare abstract methods to create abstract classes.
• Learn how polymorphism makes systems extensible and maintainable.
• Determine an object’s type at execution time.
• Declare and implement interfaces. ...