Chapter 5. Android Testing Environment
We built our application and a decent set of tests that we run to verify the basic aspect and behavior of the Temperature Converter application. Now it is time to provide different conditions to run these tests, other tests, or even run the application manually to understand what the user experience would be while using it.
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Creating Android Virtual Devices (AVD) to provide different conditions and configurations for the application
- Understanding the different configurations we can specify while creating AVDs
- How to run AVDs
- How to detach an AVD from its window to create headless emulators
- Unlocking the screen to be able to run all the tests
- Simulating real-life network conditions ...