• Optimization is not an obscure, esoteric concept.
• The terms objective function and decision variable will be defined.
• The concepts of topological and parametric optimization will be defined and the procedures for using them will be covered.
• The approach for single-variable, two-variable, and multivariable optimization will be covered.
• The approach to optimizing batch processes will be covered.
Optimization is the process of improving an existing situation, device, or system such as a chemical process. This chapter presents techniques and strategies to
• Set up an optimization problem
• Quantify the value of a potential improvement
• Identify quickly the potential for improvement ...