• Process simulators are used in the design of chemical processes.
• All process simulators contain the same basic algorithms and require the same information, but they all have different user interfaces.
• The correct choice of thermodynamics package is crucial for accurate simulations of chemical processes.
• Simulation of highly nonideal vapor-liquid equilibrium is supported by all process simulators.
• Using solid components requires careful evaluation and implementation.
The advancement in computer-aided process simulation over the past generation has been nothing short of spectacular. Until the late 1970s, it was rare for a graduating ...