This chapter discusses the following topics
• Program and project management
• The software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Infrastructure development and implementation
• Maintaining information systems
• Business processes and business process reengineering
• Application controls
• Auditing the software development life cycle
• Auditing business and application controls
This chapter covers CISA domain 3, “Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation,” representing 19 percent of the CISA examination.
Organizations employ business processes to organize the tasks related to the development and maintenance of application software and the underlying IT infrastructure. Business processes provide ...