This comprehensive book presents a road map for the achievement of high value enterprise strategies and superior project management results. It provides methods for best project selection, faster completion, optimal project portfolio management, and how to explicitly measure the PMO for rapidly increasing project ROI.
The Project/Program Management Office (PMO) is the fastest growing concept in project management today and is key to effective implementation of project management across the organization. To keep pace with customer expectations, competition, and economic conditions in the fast-paced global economy, organizations must do more using fewer resources. Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO shows you how to turn your PMO into a value machine.
- Covers the strategy, tactics, and processes needed for successful project portfolio management
- Discusses how the PMO can effectively influence project teams and their team members to consistently seek out delivery acceleration opportunities and/or delivery threats relative to their work and the overall mission of the project team
- Provides a detailed plan for both strategic planning and a PMO
- Reviews the most popular EPM tools and provides a way to evaluate PMO implementation using a PMO Maturity Model
- Illustrates how Six Sigma and the PMO can support each other and be used to drive bottom-line value
- Includes real PMO case studies detailing techniques that have helped businesses grow and kept them at the top in their industry
- Presents the new Theory of Constraints 4x4 method of strategic planning and the Critical Chain Multi-Project Management approach
- WAV offers downloadable templates, models, assessment tools, and plans, including a detailed plan using Microsoft Project for implementing a PMO that covers the first two years of operation and details over 450 tasks — available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com