Aliphatic Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions
By the end of this chapter you should be familiar with
- Nucleophilic attack on saturated carbon atoms, leading to substitution reactions.
- Different mechanisms of nucleophilic substitution.
- How substitution reactions affect stereochemistry.
- What sort of nucleophiles can substitute, and what sort of leaving groups can be substituted.
- The types of molecules that can be made by substitution, and what they can be made from.
- The effect of solvent on the rate of reaction and neighbouring group participation
- Substitution on the substrates like benzylic, allylic, vinylic and aryl halides.
Organic chemistry is comparatively simple to learn because most organic chemical ...