The definitive guide toadvanced control system design
Advanced Modern Control System Theory and Design offers the most comprehensive treatment of advanced control systems available today. Superbly organized and easy to use, this book is designed for an advanced course and is a companion volume to the introductory text, Modern Control System Theory and Design, Second Edition (or any other introductory book on control systems). In addition, it can serve as an excellent text for practicing control system engineers who need to learn more advanced control systems techniques in order to perform their tasks.
Advanced Modern Control Systems Theory and Design briefly reviews introductory control system analysis concepts and then presents the methods for designing linear control sys-tems using single-degree and two-degrees-of-freedom compensation techniques. The very important subjects of modern control system design using state-space, pole placement, Ackermann's formula, estimation, robust control, and H8 techniques are then presented. The following crucial subjects are then covered in the presentation:
* Digital Control System Analysis and Design-extends the continuous concepts presented to discrete systems
* Nonlinear Control System Design-extends the linear concepts presented tononlinear systems
* Introduction to Optimal Control Theory and Its Applications-presents such key topics as dynamic programming and the maximum principle, as well as applications to the space attitude control problem and the lunar soft-landing problem
* Control System Design Examples: Complete Case Studies-presents the complete case studies of five control system design examples that illustrate practical design projects
Other notable features of this volume are:
* Free MATLAB software containing problem solutions which can be retrieved from the Mathworks, Inc. anonymous FTP server at ftp://ftp.mathworks.com/pub/books/advshinners
* MATLAB programs and a tutorial on the use of MATLAB incorporated directly into the text
* An extensive set of worked-out, illustrative solutions added in dedicated sections at the end of chapters
* End-of-chapter problems-one-third with answers to facilitate self-study
* A solutions manual containing solutions to the remaining two-thirds of the problems available from the Wiley editorial department.