Lightroom allows a great deal of flexibility in importing your photos; you can download images directly from a camera, import them from your hard disk or external storage media, or transfer them between catalogs on different computers. During the import process you can organize your folders, add keywords and metadata to make your photos easy to find, make backup copies, and even apply editing presets.
This lesson will familiarize you with the many options available to you as you add more photos to your Lightroom library:
• Importing images from a camera or card reader
• Importing images from a hard disk or removable media
• Choosing file handling options
• Evaluating images before importing
• Organizing, renaming, ...