Using vector tools is intuitive, but to the new user, these tools may seem a bit intimidating. In Fireworks (similar to Illustrator or Flash), you can draw almost any shape at all by using vectors. Now is your chance to familiarize yourself with several vector tools, including vector shapes and the Pen tool. You will also use the Properties panel and Subselection tool to modify vectors you’ve created. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
• Draw simple vector shapes
• Use guides to place objects on the canvas
• Identify the differences between vector and bitmap images
• Use the 9-Slice Scaling tool to scale vector shapes
• Use Auto Shapes
• Create paths with the Pen tool
• Edit paths ...