In This Chapter
• Understanding what macros are all about
• Appreciating the advantages of macros
• Learning about VBA procedures
• Recording your first macro
• Viewing and editing your recorded macro
This chapter gets your VBA education off to a rousing start by introducing you to some macro basics. You'll begin, appropriately enough, at the beginning by learning just what macros are, what you can do with them, and why you should learn any of this stuff. You'll then get a brief introduction to VBA procedures, but that will be the end of the theoretical portion of the show. You'll also get down to brass tacks by learning to compose macros the easy way: by recording them automatically. From there, you'll learn how ...