Competency-Based Needs Assessment
This chapter will enable you to accomplish the following tasks:
- Determine the purpose of a competency-based needs assessment.
- Decide when to use the approach.
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks of the approach.
- Recognize critical success factors for performing a competency-based needs assessment.
- Explain key terms, such as competency dictionary, core cluster, competency model, and individual learning and development plan.
- Identify five phases for conducting a competency-based needs assessment.
- Examine online competency assessment tools.
RELATED TOOLKIT JOB AIDS
The following job aids for use with the material in this chapter are available in the Needs Assessment Toolkit, which can be found ...